ProductCamp Austin 10 – Another successful event!
By Mike Boudreaux
I am always amazed by the effort that the volunteers, participants, leaders, and sponsors put into making ProductCamp events happen. Nobody is paid to do this, so what motivates us? ProductCamp provides an excellent example of Daniel Pink’s motivators from Drive: autonomy, mastery, and purpose.
Paul Teich took some nice photos of the event and shared this slideshow with me. Very nicely done!
Here are my favorite experiences from ProductCamp Austin 10:
- Arriving in the morning to see an army of volunteers getting things ready.
- Voting for sessions in an old-school ProductCamp way – with three stickers.
- Feeling the energy and buzz during the opening session.
- Presenting the list of Top 10 ProductCamp Austin moments.
- Seeing the LifeSize, HomeAway, and Spiceworks executive panel on What it takes to be a great product manager.
- Listening to advice from Thom Singer on Giving Better Presentations.
- Enjoying lunchtime conversation on the patio in the nice weather.
- Meeting people from ProductCamp SoCal and ProductCamp DC.
- Ordering extra snacks after lunch (long story).
- Presenting my session, What story are you telling about your products?
- Milk and cookies from Elizabeth Quintanilla.
- Winning the Best Session Award!
- Winning an iPad Mini and then giving it back.
- Networking at happy hour.